STAR RANCH LEGACY
A distinctive legacy property in Aspen
Situated on a rare 30 acres of Rocky Mountain paradise, this property is uniquely situated to capture unobstructed views of a wide swath of the magnificent Elk Mountain Range, including Aspen’s four ski areas. Soak in the vistas from the warm waters of the large outdoor pool and spa, or enjoy a meal with unparalleled views at one of two outdoor dining areas. With a private lake for boating or paddle boarding, trails for hiking, mountain biking, and equestrian use, and a network of groomed cross-country paths, it’s an outdoor lover’s fantasy. An exclusive, private retreat, The Star Ranch Legacy is surrounded by many additional recreational opportunities, such as world-class alpine skiing and extensive hiking trails, yet it’s only a 12-minute drive to sophisticated downtown Aspen.
Paris-born Robert Couturier, one of Architectural Digest’s top architects and designers in the world, masterfully imparted his signature look on the 12,000-square-foot home, giving each room a custom style and his personal touch. Light flows through floor-to-ceiling windows, highlighting classic yet timeless interiors, a canvas of European elegance with contemporary accents. Every need and desire has been anticipated, in the master suite with his and her bathrooms, formal and informal dining rooms, a home gym, his and her offices, media room, and wine cellar, plus a three-car garage.
The Star Ranch Legacy home is part of Aspen’s only gated community—Starwood—which enjoys 24-hour security and counts among its residents several of Forbes’ billionaires. Yet it’s one of just two properties in ultra-exclusive Star Ranch, exempt from any Starwood HOA rules and exceedingly private. The neighboring estate, now owned by hedge fund manager John Paulson, was built by Saudi Prince Bandar bin Sultan and was once the most expensive listed property in the United States.
Offering rare expansion potential, the property can add a 4,000-square-foot barn exempt from total square footage and up to an approximately 2,000-square-foot guest home or caretaker unit, allowing it to be customized into an equestrian estate or a family compound.
This opportunity to own a legacy property like this in Aspen is rare and must be seen to visualize the dream.
YOUR LEGACY INCLUDES:
• The home on the estate is 12,167 square feet
• Property is comprised of 30.10 acres; 1,311,156 square feet
• Originally constructed in 1994; addition in 2002
• Gated entrance with onsite management
• 12 minutes to downtown Aspen
• Surrounded by billionaires
• Unobstructed Rocky Mountain views!
• Large pool &outdoor hot tub
• Two separate outdoor dining areas, complete with grills
• Large pond to kayak/boat/paddle board
• Many trails for equestrian use, hiking, road biking, mountain biking, cross country skiing and much more
• Aspen Valley Polo Club nearby
• The great room features spectacular views & a fireplace – perfect for entertaining
• Formal & informal dining rooms
• Large kitchen & chef’s pantry
• 5 bedrooms, all en suite
• The master bedroom features his and her separate bathrooms
• Indoor hot tub
• Both his and her large offices
• Media room with projector screen
• Large home gym with views
• Wine Cellar
• Cigar room with exhaust system
• 3-car garage